Skip to main content

Colorado man dies after bite from Gila monster he illegally kept as a pet

·1 min

A man in Colorado has died after being bitten by a Gila monster, a large venomous lizard that he kept as a pet illegally. The man owned two of these reptiles and became ill after a bite on his hand. His girlfriend found him in distress and called for help. He was taken to a hospital but was declared brain dead and eventually passed away. The city officials have removed the lizards from his home and plan to relocate them to an animal park in South Dakota. Gila monsters are known to have a toxic bite, similar to that of a rattlesnake.